Thursday, August 13, 2009

Beach Bon-fire planned at South Mission on the 12th of September!

I posted something about this on Facebook (late June/Early July) about trying to organize a Bon-Fire at South Mission before the end of the summer before my Dad took ill. Well, it is time to start planning on this again. In fact, after my Dad’s funeral talking to Jesse, Lee, Joel, Dan and Deb and Kevin the whole “wouldn’t it be good if we got together on the beach…?” conversation came up! So, in getting with the above mentioned folks it seems that a good day will be Saturday, September 12th, 2009 for a gathering of folks from Kearny/Taft and any invitees at South Mission. Are you from Mission Village? Serra Mesa? You should be there! :)

We will try and get a Fire ring so we can have a fire into the evening. (We may need some wood to be brought!) Bring your own food and drink (I understand Mission has banned alcohol…?) and let’s have some fun!

Time: ? TBD (More info to come, but I know some cannot make it until after 4 pm. My son and I will want to be there earlier in the day though to exhibit our Boogie-boarding prowess! :)

Let me know if you have any questions. If you need my email address, let me know. (I don’t publish it publicly on here…) More details to come!

2 comments:

  1. Mark,
    you might wanna think about having the beach get to gether in Mission Beach... there is a little more parking, less walking across the sand, bathrooms, etc....

    just south of the roller coaster.... then Daniel can give the coaster a go ..

    You do have to get to where-ever you are going to go early .. the fire pits go fast.

    See ya soon,

    Dan Higdon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good point! I was thinking South Mission since there is the grass area and I thought there were some BBQ's, but the parking things is a big deal. Sounds good to me! Let's make it at Mission Beach south of the Roller Coaster. What I will probably do is phone in the location the day of to have it posted on Facebook for me (Brenda will probably stay home while Daniel and I play surfer dudes".). I could have Brenda post something like "Just South of Lifegaurd Tower 13 (or whatever the case may be.)

    Thanks Dan! (Or Andrew...:)

    ReplyDelete