Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chuck Norris? Really? I mean, CHUCK NORRIS?!

Does anyone out there have a pre-teen boy that quotes odd, off the wall facts or claims of how awesome Chuck Norris is??? My son and his friends walk around our house spewing out things like, "There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris' computer. Chuck Norris is always in control" or "When the Boogieman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris" or "Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird". I had no idea what they were talking about and why the fascination with Chuck Norris all of a sudden. Well, I found out that these comments come from a website that my son found with his friends. The web site is called Chuck Norris Facts, and my son and I went onto the site the other day and I have to say...some of the things on there are down right hysterical! My favorite? I definitely have to say it is this nugget..."Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise". I guess all this interest in Chuck Norris just proves the old adage, "If you wait long enough, things come back in style"! :)

4 comments:

  1. What is really fun is that Chuck Norris reads the jokes and enjoys them and quotes them. He refers to them in his
    columns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave (and yes, I hear these all the time from the middle schoolers): Chuck Norris's tears can cure cancer. Too bad Chuck doesn't cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry- Thanks for visiting! I saw that about that website. It actually shows Chuck Norris' favorite comments! Seems like he gets a kick out of it.
    Say hello to the family!

    Carmencita! That one is a classic.
    Do you know:
    A) How much you are missed?
    2) How much Daniel wants YOU to be his teacher next year?!?!? He keeps bringing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Chuck Norris was born in a log cabin that he built with his bare hands."

    --Daniel (A.K.A. Mark's son)

    ps- A big HELLO to Carmen! We all mis you and as my dad said, I would very much like for you to be my 8th grade teacher because YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete